As a leading telecommunication company with its two feet in the digitization of our society, Telenet is eager to bring aboard Big Data professionals that share our passion for Big Data infrastructures and processing.
As a leading telecommunications company with its two feet in the digitization of our society, Telenet is eager to bring aboard Big Data professionals that share our passion for Big Data infrastructures and processing.
It’s our day to day mission to work together with our customers to provide a reliable & flexible platform as a foundation to host new applications and products. In your role as a Big Data Systems Engineer, you’ll be part of a team that sits in a driving seat to define and wire all data components together. It is exactly this diversity of technologies and stakeholders in a telecom context what makes this challenging and exciting.
If this sounds like a nice proposition, here’s what you should have in store for us. Hope to welcome you in our dynamic team full of opportunities to help you grow in your job.
- You will be involved in the build of a fast data backbone platform based on Cloudera technology. Your focus will be on the systems side, but you will work in close collaboration with the Big Data developers.
- Participate and assist in projects together with the customer.
- Keep track of new technologies within the Big Data landscape and introduce these within the platform.
- Guarantee the stability of our environments.
- Build next gen cloud-native Big Data platforms
- Document and transfer the necessary knowledge to operations.
- Always think and reason from a customer’s perspective.
- Solve L3 incidents and problems.
- Education: You have a professional bachelor in computer science or similar by experience.
- You have specific experience in deploying, maintaining and monitoring robust stream processing architectures built on Cloudera technology. Ideally you know your way around related existing and upcoming Big Data technologies (Hadoop stack - Cloudera, Spark, Kafka, Sentry, Jupyter, Lenses, … ).
- You are willing to invest time and effort to learn new technologies.
- You have knowledge of Linux, Kerberos and automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
- You feel at ease with scripting (Bash, Python).
- Service minded: You always think and act with the client in mind.
- Autonomous: You know how to prioritize and organize your work.
- Team player: You are open to ideas and share yours with colleagues in a respectful way. You can work in group, but also individually.
- Clear Communication: You’re an excellent communicator and problem solver.
- Technology watch: You constantly maintain an overview of the technology landscape
- Flexible: You’re willing to execute interventions outside business hours.